Resorthoppa Service Options
Transfer Service Options
We offer shuttle and private services
We offer both shared shuttle and private transfers within our extensive worldwide program.
• Shuttle Transfers
This is a shared transfer which operates to the main holiday hotels, apartments and complexes, therefore offers you great value for money. There is no limit to the number of people you can book on a shuttle transfer; our pricing is always shown per person.
The size of vehicle and transfer time does depend on the number of drop-offs and are entirely dependent on the number of people arriving at a similar time to you and going to the same resort or area. A shuttle transfer could operate in a taxi, minibus or coach. In most destinations you’ll have no more than a 45 minute wait until the shuttle leaves the airport, however this maybe longer at the popular and busy airports such as Palma and Barcelona in peak season.
• Shared Shuttle Fixed Service Times Transfers
In some gateways we offer a shared shuttle service where there are fixed departure times from both the Airport and Resort. This is predominantly for our shuttles to and from Andorra and some of the Ski Resorts. We have arranged it that you will have a maximum time of 4 hours from landing until your fixed shared shuttle departs the airport. On your return fixed time shuttle transfer you will arrive at the airport no longer than 4 hours before your flight departs.
***Please note that shuttle transfers don’t operate to private or business addresses.
• Private Transfers
We always advise on the maximum number of people which our taxis will accommodate, the majority offer space for 4 adults, (2 adults & 2 children), however in some destinations we only offer taxis with a maximum occupancy of 3 adults (2 adults & 1 child). This is to ensure that you and your party are both comfortable and also that your luggage will fit. Please read the “Luggage Allowance Section” for full details on luggage.
• Private Executive Transfers
This is where we offer an upgrade from our private standard taxi transfers for a nominal extra charge. For this you will benefit by receiving a more spacious vehicle, providing you and your party more comfort. On arrival you will be met by your own personal driver and escorted to your waiting executive vehicle for a comfortable and efficient transfer.
• Private Premium Transfers
Again we offer an upgrade in vehicle, however at time of booking we will advise as to the actual vehicle make and type. All of our Private Premium Transfers are in very spacious luxury vehicles and your own personal driver will meet you upon arrival and escort you to your waiting vehicle. So why not arrive in style and take advantage of our Premium private transfer?
We offer both limousines and stretch limousines. Our Chauffeurs will transfer you in celebrity style, comfort and luxury.
• Private Minibus Transfers
These are ideal for the larger family or small groups who want to travel together. Your driver will meet you upon arrival, escort you and your party to your private minibus and transfer you immediately to your accommodation, thus a speedy, efficient and no hassle option.
• Private Coach Transfers
The private coach transfers are for the larger groups who want to travel together and have a direct and quick journey to their accommodation. Your driver will meet you upon arrival, escort you and your party to your private minibus and transfer you immediately to your accommodation, thus a speedy, efficient and no hassle option.
• Special Adapted Euro Taxis
These private specially adapted Euro Taxis are for a maximum of 4 adults, they are suitable for electric scooters and wheelchairs, we can only offer these for Alicante only and we regret we are unable to offer these vehicles in any other destination at this time.
Booking Your Transfer
• If the route you want isn't available to book online – this means that we currently don’t offer that route. We’re constantly expanding the areas we cover, so check back with us again in the future and it may have become available to book.
• Payment is taken in full at the time of booking. We accept VISA Debit/Credit, MasterCard, Maestro UK (Sterling bookings only), Switch & Solo. Surcharges may apply and will be detailed during the booking process.
• Details to Include on your booking:
o Total number of passengers - please make sure you include infants and children in the total number of passengers in your party, e.g. if three adults, one child and an infant are travelling, you will need to book a private transfer vehicle for at least five people.
o Overseas accommodation address - in any resort there may be more than one hotel, apartment complex, chalet or villa with the same name, so we need the full address to avoid confusion.
o Mobile Phone Number - This is really useful, if we need to get hold of you once your journey has begun or during your stay. You can also register to receive confirmation of your return transfer details by text, if you book a shuttle transfer through some Spanish airports, which saves you from having to call us during your holiday. Your number will show on your booking and we or our suppliers will also see this number, but it will not be given to any other person or organisation.
• Booking Confirmation:
o When you confirm your booking and payment is taken, your booking reference number will appear on screen with the option to print it before you exit our site. You’ll then automatically receive an email booking confirmation which will confirm that payment has been taken and the balance paid in full and details of your transfer. This will also detail instructions about what to do on arrival and how-to reconfirm your return transfer.
o It’s essential that you take your booking confirmation with you on your transfer. This must be shown to the driver or our representative before you can board your transfer vehicle. In fact, we recommend you take two copies - in some destinations the transport operators have to collect a copy of your booking confirmation as proof of purchase for legal reasons.
Standard Luggage Allowance• The standard luggage allowance is one piece of hand luggage and one small suitcase/holdall only per person and should not exceed 70cm x 40cm x 20cm.
• On a shuttle service there is no additional charge for pushchairs and manual fold-down wheelchairs or for small sports equipment such as tennis rackets.
• On a private transfer, if you are bringing pushchairs or fold-down wheelchairs, please book a vehicle big enough to ensure you and your belongings can all travel in comfort and safety, e.g. if four people are travelling with luggage and a pushchair, please book a vehicle for five or more people.
• On a shuttle service sports equipment, such as ski or golf bags, surf boards or bicycles, is classed as excess luggage and may be chargeable – so please check at the time of booking.
• On a private transfer, if you bring large suitcases or other excess luggage (including pushchairs and/or wheelchairs) that cannot fit inside the vehicle, you may be asked to pay for a second vehicle on arrival.
Travelling with Children
• Shuttles On a shuttle service there is no charge for infants who are under the age of two provided they sit on a responsible adults knee, but you must still include them in your booking journey. If a child under two requires a seat they will be charged the full price. For children who are two and above a seat must always be booked at the normal price for the shuttle in question. At times there may be discounted prices for children aged 2 – 12 years old, however this will vary accordingly to the travelling dates and destinations; therefore it’s imperative that at the time of booking you must fully advise us of all infant/children and their ages. Children’s ages will be classed as the age they are on their outbound travel date. The transfer provider does hold the right to double check Children’s ages on their passport; should it be found that they are over the age of 12 but received a child’s discount price, the price difference will need to be paid locally direct to the supplier.
• Taxis and Private Transfers: All children and infants count towards the occupancy of the vehicle, regardless of age, and thus must be included in the total number of passengers at the time of booking. For Example; If you’re a party of 3 adults, one child and a baby, you will need to book a vehicle that seats a minimum of five people.
• Baby/child booster seats: We strongly recommend that you bring your own baby/booster seats. We can provide them in some destinations and they will meet the local safety standards but will vary in quality and availability. A supplement maybe payable and you will be expected to fit the baby seat yourself. To book a baby seat, please email email@example.com with your details and booking reference and we’ll confirm, if this is possible.
Transfers for Passengers with Disabilities
• Our shuttle transfers are not suitable for anyone who cannot climb the steps into a coach or minibus. Our drivers are not able to assist passengers onto vehicles. Electric wheelchairs and scooters cannot be transported on any of our shuttle services.
• We do not charge for transporting manual, fold-down wheelchairs, but it is essential that you email us prior to booking a transfer to check if the service you require is suitable and that you email us with your reference number after making a booking, so that we are aware of the requirement.
• Resorthoppa currently only offers specially adapted Euro Taxis, for up to 4 passengers, in Alicante which are available to book online. These vehicles are suitable for electric wheelchairs and scooters. We regret that we are unable to offer such vehicles in any other destination at this time.
Amendments to your booking & Cancellations
• Should you wish to change any information details ie. flight number, flight timings, accommodation name or address, mobile number please do this by visiting our website and clicking on ‘manage bookings’. If you wish us to make the change there will be an administration charge. Please see our Terms & Conditions If you wish to change arrival or departure dates, resort, passenger numbers, or vehicle size details in your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please see our Terms & Conditions for more details.
• To cancel a booking you can do this online up to 5 days before departure by clicking on ‘manage bookings’. Within 5 days of departure you will not be able to cancel on the website and must email email@example.com, including the booking reference, departure date and lead name of the party. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more details.
• On arrival, once you have collected your bags and cleared Customs, make your way to the meeting place detailed on your booking instructions. In some airports we have a Resorthoppa desk; in others you’ll see our driver or representative holding a Resorthoppa sign. You’ll have to show your driver or representative your Resorthoppa booking confirmation to board your transfer vehicle.
• If you can’t find your driver or our representative, please call us on the emergency number detailed on your booking confirmation.
• Waiting and transfer times vary, depending on which transfer service you’ve booked and where you are travelling to. The approximate time your transfer will take is detailed on your booking confirmation, but this will vary, depending on traffic, weather conditions and, if you’ve booked a shuttle service, number of drop-offs on route.
• Drop-off and pick-up points: o If you’ve booked a private transfer, you’ll receive a door to door service, unless your accommodation is only accessible on foot , in which case we’ll drop you off and pick you up as close to your accommodation as possible.
o If you’ve booked a shuttle transfer, depending on the vehicle access, you will be dropped off at your accommodation, at a nearby accessible hotel, or at a central point in resort. On your return shuttle transfer you’ll normally be picked up from the same place as you were dropped off. If this changes, you’ll be informed on arrival or when you contact us to reconfirm your return transfer details.
• Comfort breaks: the Driver may stop for a comfort break on longer journeys
• Vehicle size is dependent on availability: occasionally, we may have to provide a larger vehicle than necessary for the size of your party, or two vehicles, instead of one, if you are travelling in a large group, e.g. a party of 14 could travel in two 8-seater minibuses, instead of one 16-seater vehicle.
• You may have to change vehicles, if your accommodation has restricted access, e.g. a larger vehicle may take you from the airport to a central point where you may have to transfer to a smaller vehicle to take you on to your accommodation. You may also have to change vehicle, if you book a transfer that goes over a country border.
• All Resorthoppa transfers are no smoking.
Reconfirming Your Return Transfer
It’s essential that you reconfirm the details of your return transfer.
• In Spain, depending on your destination, you have the following options for reconfirming your transfer. Please check your booking confirmation to see which ones are available in your destination.
o SMS text - If you gave us your mobile telephone number when you booked, we can text you your return transfer details. Your text will come through 24-30 hours prior to your departure date.
o Online - You can log on to www.hoppaconfirmations.com 24 hours before your scheduled departure with your Resorthoppa booking confirmation, lead name from the original booking and your flight details to hand to check your transfer details.
o Notice boards - In some hotels, we display Resorthoppa pick up times at Reception. Please check on arrival to see if your hotel or apartment offers this service.
• In Portugal - If your flight is departing from Faro Airport, you can log on to www.viadirecta.net/confirmation 24 hours before your scheduled departure with your booking confirmation and your return flight details to hand to check your transfer details.
Only if you can’t use any of the above options will you need to call us on the reconfirmations number detailed on your booking confirmation.
• On your arrival transfer your driver may advise you the time and place you’ll be picked up for your return transfer. If not, please call the reconfirmation number on your booking confirmation at least 24 hours prior to your return flight for your pick up details.
Changes to your accommodation or return journey details
• If you have changed accommodation since your arrival transfer and will be departing from a different place, or, if you change the date or time of your return flight, you must let us know by calling the reconfirmations number on your booking confirmation at least 72 hours prior to your original departure date, so we can make new arrangements for your return transfer.
• If you have an accident whilst away and require extra room in your return transfer vehicle (e.g. extra seat space to elevate your leg), please contact us on the reconfirmations number on your booking confirmation. You may be asked to pay locally for an additional seat on a shuttle service or for a larger private transfer vehicle. It is your responsibility where appropriate to obtain confirmation from a doctor that you are fit to travel. If you need more assistance, then we recommend you contact your travel insurance provider for help in arrangements to get you home.
If you don’t contact us to reconfirm your return transfer, or to inform us of any changes to your travel arrangements, you could miss your return transfer and possibly your flight, ship or train home. Resorthoppa cannot be held responsible for any costs you then incur in making new arrangements to get home.
On your arrival
• Wherever possible, we monitor flight and cruise ship arrival times for delays. However, it really helps, if you can ring the emergency number on your booking confirmation – this will be a telephone number in the country you’re travelling to – when you land/dock. If you’ve booked a private transfer, this will help us to get your driver to you as soon as possible.
• If you’ve booked a shuttle transfer, you’ll be allocated to the next available departure with seats available. Please note that this might not be for several hours or until the next day and in resorts where shuttles only operate on set days you may have to make your own arrangements at your own cost to get to your destination.
On your return
• If there is a flight delay, we will pick you up as originally scheduled and will take you to the airport where you will have to wait until your flight departs. We regret we are unable to reschedule your return transfer, if there is a delay to your flight.
• If there is a delay to your return transfer due to weather, roads being blocked, etc., we’ll inform you as soon as we know. We will operate your return transfer as soon as the roads are clear.
• Resorthoppa regrets that we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred due to a flight delay or missed travel connections resulting from poor weather conditions, state of roads or any other factors beyond our control.
• Resorthoppa regrets that we cannot refund transfers due to the cancellation of a flight. If you need to cancel the booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming the reason for the late cancellation. We’ll then issue you with a cancellation invoice that you may use to make a claim on your travel insurance.
• If you cancel your outbound flight and still require your original return transfer, please contact us at email@example.com. If you book a new outbound flight out, we can try to arrange a new transfer for you on arrival (for which you will be charged), but you’ll be able to keep your original return transfer.
• We recommend you take out holiday insurance to cover you and your party for any delays or events that may affect your transfer service.
Changes to your Transfer
• If you need to return home urgently, please call us on the emergency number detailed on your booking confirmation. If we can rearrange your return transfer, we will, but, if we have to make new arrangements, we will charge you for these. You may be able to reclaim this cost from your travel insurance. If you need more assistance, we recommend you contact your travel insurance provider to help make arrangements to get you home.
• If the airline or holiday company you’re travelling with ceases trading during your trip:
o If you booked directly with us, please ring the emergency number on your booking confirmation as soon as you realise there is a problem. If we can make alternative arrangements for your return transfer to fit in with your new flight or accommodation details, we will. If there is any charge for this, you may be able to reclaim this on your travel insurance, so make sure you get a receipt for any costs incurred.
o If you booked through a travel agent or another operator, please contact them directly for advice and information.
• Arrival Transfer: If you leave property in a transfer vehicle on arrival, please call the emergency number provided on your booking confirmation. Depending on your destination, we may be able to help trace your property, or put you in direct contact with the transfer provider, so you can try to trace the property yourself. Any expense incurred in recovering your lost property is entirely your responsibility. In some destinations, we may have to charge you an administration fee of £20.00, if you need assistance in tracing your property.
• Return Transfer: If you have left items behind on your return transfer, on your return home please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resorthoppa booking reference and details of the items you’ve left in the vehicle. We’ll endeavour to trace your property and, if found, return it to you as quickly as possible. We will charge you an administration fee of £20.00 for this service, plus the cost of postage for returning your items to you.
• Resorthoppa regrets that we cannot be held responsible for items left on our vehicles that cannot be found.